Technical Director / Senior Geospatial Consultant
Martin has been in the Geospatial Industry for over 30 years working in a number of Local and Central Government Agencies in New Zealand. Martin is also very well known in the LG GIS space. Martin has been involved in a number of Spatial Data Migration and Analysis projects and deploying the outcomes via services and custom built GIS Applications. In recent years Martin has worked within the private sector at companies such as QuickMap, Beca, and Summit Quinphos (Ballance). After working in the private sector for a number of years Martin returned to the government sector and has worked for Department of Conservation, NZ Police, Ministry of Education, and Commerce Commission. Martin has also worked internationally in conjunction with TERA Consultants on several Telecommunication projects including Vodacom in South Africa and the Swedish Post and Telecom Authority (PTS).
Martin originally came from a Land Surveying background having completed in Bachelor of Surveying in 1987. He has a wealth of knowledge on the New Zealand’s Survey and Land Title Systems and is a power user of Land Information New Zealand’s Land Data Service and LandOnLine
Martin’s Spatial Skill Sets
- Technical skills are at the Architect level.
- Professional Consultant that ensures that a clients needs are met in time and within budget.
- High level of skill in ESRI ArcGIS platform ranging from Desktop, Server Configuration & Administration, to Public deployment of ArcGIS Server services.
- Advanced level in using MapInfo and QGIS desktop GIS applications as well Spatiallite and GDAL libraries.
- Excellent integration skills at the Application and Data Linking levels.
- Excellent Spatial Data Management skills.
- Telecommunication network analysis.
- Land Information Land Data Service
GIS Software Applications
MapIT, MapServer, MapInfo Professional 5+, MapInfo ProViewer 5+, MapBasic 5+, QGIS 2.0+, ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Server Manager, ArcInfo 8+, ArcGIS 8+, ArcView 3+, ArcSDE 8, ArcIMS 4.0, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Model Builder, ECW compressor, Asset Management Integration e.g. Hansen, AssetFinda, GDAL, Spatialite.
Microsoft Office Software
Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook.
SQL Server 7 to 2014, Microsoft Access 97 & 2010, MySQL, Oracle Spatial, SQLite.
GIS Programming Languages
MapBasic 6.0+, Visual Basic 6.0, ArcObjects, Python, jQuery.
Web Programming Languages
Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows 98, NT 4.0.
Windows 2012, Windows 2008, Windows 2003, Small Business Server 2003, SharePoint Foundation 2013, SharePoint Services 2.0 & 3.0.
Desktop Computers, UPS Power Management Systems, Backup Systems, Printers, PDA Handheld’s, GPS and DGPS equipment, Mobile Smart Phones, Mobile Tablets e.g. iPad, Network Router and Wireless Router configuration.